We design for your site and budget using a shopping cart approach.
Option 1 – A water-tight and energy-efficient shell for the Do-It-Yourselfers. SIP Panel Walls, Anderson Series 100 windows, metal roof, Hardie Panel/Plank siding and rough-in plumbing and electrical. Interior cabinets, fixtures and finishes are not included – this allows you to finish it out yourself or find local recycled materials and cabinets.
Option 2 – A simplified and complete home on a budget. SIP Panel Walls, Anderson Series 100 windows, metal roof, Hardie Panel/Plank siding. Finished interiors with sheet rock walls, trimless windows, and engineered bamboo flooring. Laminate Countertops, budget cabinets, fixtures and finishes. This option also allows you to find reclaimed cabinets or fixtures to keep costs down.
Option 3 – The completed version of the Waterhaus as you see pictured. SIP Panel Walls, Anderson Series 100 windows, metal roof, Hardie Panel and Cedar siding. VG Fir trimmed windows and doors, slate tiled bathroom, Custom Fir cabinets, Paperstone Recycled Countertops, bamboo flooring. Does not include Art and Furniture.
Option 4 – The completed version of the Waterhaus as you see pictured, including the custom Art and Furniture. SIP Panel Walls, Sierra Pacific windows, metal roof, Hardie Panel and Cedar siding. VG Fir trimmed windows and doors, stone tiled bathroom, Custom Fir cabinets, Paperstone Recycled Countertops, bamboo flooring, Kangan water machine, Art and Furniture.
See our “Process” page for more detailed information on costs. Cost are estimate because of fluctuating of local labor rates.
We can ship a complete Waterhaus from Minnesota see Greenpodmidwest.com.
Teaming up with Contractors, Tradespeople and Craftsman in your area to compete your new home and stimulate your local economy. The SIP wall panels will be shipped to your site and your local contractor will set them and finish out your home. Another advantage to a site-built home is the ability to receive a bank loan to finance your build. This also eliminates the cost of transporting and setting. We hope to include other artisans in our Art We Live In collection.
Community business model
- Local funding
- Saving and creating energy
- Alliances with other businesses
- Designs showcasing local innovators
- Educating of critical environmental problems and solutions
- Local factory assembled efficient building practice
- Minimal site disturbance
- Design efficient no waste of space or materials
- Water saving, collection and reuse
- Organic sheets, towels, beds, cushions, curtains, and rugs
- New Patented use of tobacco in exclusive Organic Dyes and products for residences
The use of space
- 450 SF ADU for aging in place.
- High transom windows allow for privacy, natural light and maximum storage
- Standardized modular furnishing options gives multipurpose areas
- Full use of interiors – no attic
- “ART WE LIVE IN” collection of doors, lighting, ladders, hardware, chairs and tables made locally of sustainable materials.
- Second function furniture stacking tables, disappearing bed
- Recycled and reclaimed material functional art
- Passive solar design with solar panel roof deck option
- Insulated tight strong envelope floor, walls and roof
- High window glass passage doors
- LED lighting and induction cooking
- Kill phantom loads
- Only low maintenance sustainable products used
- Chemical free building materials
- Biofilter Refrigerator
- Clay finished wall filter sounds and a toxins
- Organic furnishings naturally antimicrobial
- Kangan water machine replaces all cleaning products with PH water
- No combustion products or carpets
Sustainable and healthy life style
- Acidic PH from Kangan water machine drips on living vegetation exterior wall
- Steam cooking
- Chopping area is accessible to worm composting and recycle area in exterior shed
- Easy clean hanging (double flush) toilet and faucets
- Barrier free roll in shower – doors on exterior tracks
- Simple light switch kills outlets in Bedrooms for EMF
“Greenpods Waterhaus was built in 6 weeks to demonstrate what we can do and show our commitment to a sustainable Port Townsend. Being recently acknowledged for our innovations by a jury of professionals in the industry was a great honor” — Ann Raab
2012 NW Eco Building Guild – 10th Anniversary – Seattle Green Building Slam